The Level I Infrared Thermography Training Course is geared to the new infrared camera user and focuses on how thermography is used for a variety of condition monitoring/predictive maintenance applications. Attendees completing all training course requirements and a thermography field assignment will receive a Level I Infrared Thermography Certification.
Infrared Course Benefits
- Comprehensive, hands-on introduction to thermal imaging and measurement systems for predictive maintenance applications. No experience in thermography is necessary!
- Collect quality data, accurate temperature readings, and account for measurement effects such as distance and emissivity using infrared cameras.
- Interpret thermograms and make informed decisions using heat transfer concepts to analyze thermal images, and see the latest in infrared inspection report generation and database software.
- Avoid costly mistakes - learn to distinguish between hot spots and reflections, direct vs. indirect readings and qualitative vs. quantitative thermography.
- Challenge yourself with field applications labs that closely simulate real-world infrared applications.
Level I Thermography Course Outline
- Infrared Thermography Applications Overview
- Basic Camera Setup and Operation
- Basic IR camera user interface, menu description and navigation, operational tips and tricks, and key elements to getting a good IR image
- Thermal Science Fundamentals
- Heat Transfer
- Fundamentals of Infrared Science
- Thermal Measurement
- Electrical Applications
- Thermography Safety
- Mechanical Applications
- Building Applications
- Final Exam